Small business owners are frequently unaware of the intricacies of internet marketing. Anger management providers and mental health professionals are particularly naïve relative to successful business practices. This brief blog entry will cover some of the things which have resulted in Anderson & Anderson’s movement towards dominance in anger management and executive coaching. 10 suggestions for success as an anger management provider
- Use a professional website designer to develop a simple user friendly website specifically focused on anger management and executive coaching. If your website presents you as an expert in everything, you will be ignored by the search engines.
- Make certain that your website is registered with all of the major search engines.
- Develop a blog which should be used to establish you as an expert or competent provider of anger management services.
- The single most important factor related to how your website in ranked by Google, Yahoo and other major search engines is relevant incoming links.
- Seek out the industry leaders in anger management, provide a link to your site and send an e-mail asking that they provide you with a reciprocate link back to your site. Include the information regarding your site as you wish it to appear.
- Keep in mind that it is in your best interest to provide an outgoing link to industry leaders even if they fail to reciprocate.
- Avoid links to sites which are not related to substance abuse, mental health, anger, stress, communication or emotional intelligence. Search engines will actually penalize your site if they conclude that you are “link mining” by listing irrelevant sites.
- Make changes in your site when any keywords, graphics of other features appear to be confusing or ineffective.
- Use Link Popularity to compare your site to those of your competitors: http://www.linkpopularity.com/
- Check your website stats daily to determine some of the following:
- Number of daily, weekly and monthly hits.
- Length of time spent by visitors to each page.
- Keywords used to access your site.
- Conversion rate of visitors to your site.
- Referrers, where the visitors come from.
Pursue the above goals as if your success depended on achieving results. Give yourself at least six months to determine if you are moving towards your goal.
George Anderson, MSW, BCD, CAMF, CEAP