What is branding?
Simply put, a brand is a promise. By identifying and authenticating a product or service, branding delivers a pledge of satisfaction and quality. In reviewing the websites and Internet ads of numerous Coaching Practices, most appear to be generic or, at best, only differentiated by Life Coaching as opposed to Executive Coaching. Executive coaches are more similar to each other than they are unique. The same is true for most Life Coaches. In other words, they seem to be saying on their websites and ads “me too” in explaining their services.
Why is branding important?
It prevents the danger of being anonymous. Branding provides answers to a lot of clients’ questions, such as:
• Who are you?
• What services do you offer?
• What do you sell?
• How are you different from those offering similar services?
• Why are you better than your competitors?
• Why should I enroll in your program or contract for your services?
A good brand will:
• Deliver your message clearly
• Confirms your credibility
• Connects your target prospects emotionally
• Motivates the potential client
• Solidify User Loyalty
• Will create a market advantage
• Will open doors that were formerly closed
• Will make us all more successful
There is a high correlation between success in business and successful business branding.
George Anderson, MSW, BCD, CAMF, CEAP
Diplomate, American Association of Anger Management Providers
Anderson & Anderson®, The Trusted Name in Anger Management