Anger management is now the most lucrative source of income generated from part-time practice for Anderson & Anderson Certified Anger Management Facilitators. In our current Managed Healthcare environment, income for psychotherapists of all disciplines is extremely low.
Certified Anger Management Facilitators are quietly making real income by teaching anger management for three days or 12 hours per week. There are no comparable potential income streams for counselors, teachers, and psychotherapists.
Here are 10 secrets of financial success for new Certified Anger Management facilitators and providers:
- Enroll in the three-day live Anderson & Anderson Anger Management Facilitator Certification training scheduled for May 6th, 7th & 8th in Los Angeles.
- Purchase all of the related ancillary instructional material for use with the Anderson & Anderson curriculum.
- Select a conveniently located Doubletree Inn or comparable hotel. Secure a conference room large enough for 12 persons. Negotiate a reasonable price to use this conference room 8 hours on Saturdays and 2 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Find a reliable webmaster and pay to have him/her develop your new website (if you do not already have a functioning web site). Go to www.wordpress.com and develop a simple, functional website/blog. Make sure that the information on your site is kept current.
- Join Linkedin (www.linkedin.com) and sign up for one or all three Anderson & Anderson Anger Management Groups for Providers. Invite all of the current members of these groups to join your Linkedin network.
- Place a free ad on the Anger Management Resource Directory at www.anger-management-resources.org.
- Pay the nominal fee of $39 per month be listed on the Anderson & Anderson website.
- Get the names, e-mail addresses and mailing addresses of all Human Resource Managers representing companies of 50 employees or more. Send information about your practice along with business cards.
- Send out free Press Releases announcing the opening of your practice.
- Create a weblink between your web site and the web sites of all the anger management facilitators/providers featured on our web site (www.andersonservices.com). You can find the web site addresses of providers by clicking on the “Certified Providers” tab near the top of the home page, and then clicking on “By US State” on the following page that loads.
Three providers who have been successful in using this model are Capital Anger Management (www.capitolangermgt.com), Nevada Anger Management (www.nevadaangermanagement.com), and Anger Management Institute of Texas
(www.ami-tx.com). If you aggressively market your services and provide quality classes consistent with the Anderson & Anderson Curriculum, your chances for success will be good.
George Anderson, MSW, BCD, CAMF, CEAP
Diplomat, American Association of Anger Management Providers
Anderson & Anderson®, The Trusted Name in Anger Management