The key to success in any service profession is competence. Coaches must go overboard to establish their competence as coaches. Tips for gaining competence:
- Start by completing the Bar On EQi 2.0 Emotional Intelligence Assessment. Carefully, study your scores on the 15 scales. Spend time establishing action goals for yourself with a successful coach who is Certified in the Bar On EQi 2.0 instrument.
- Purchase and read more than once, The EQ Edge. This book provides an easy to read explanation of Emotional Intelligence as well as the Bar On in particular.
- Join some of the Emotional Intelligence Groups on linked in. Introduce yourself and take an active role in the discussions.
- Establish a simple, well designed website along with a blog. Blog at least twice each week on topics related to your practice.
- Have all of your clients complete the Bar On EQi 2.0 Emotional Intelligence Assessment on-line. If you use Anderson & Anderson to provide your assessment, you will receive a copy of the Client Report as well as the Coach Report. Together, these results will serve you well with each client.
- Stay tuned to this blog for more TIPS.