A large number of Medical School Deans and Faculty responded with support for including Emotional Intelligence in the training of medical students and residents. All of the Deans present at the Hawaii Conference for George Anderson’s Presentation “What are the solutions? Anger Management in healthcare” clearly supports the inclusion of Emotional Intelligence for Impulse Control.
The following topics were included with examples in Anderson’s Presentation:
· The important role played by the use of the Bar On EQ 2.0 Emotional Intelligence Assessment in coaching and training physicians.
· Explanation of the 5 EQ Composites and the 15 Sub-scales.
· EQ Skilled-based coaching.
· Anderson & Anderson curriculum for skill enhancement in EQ.
· The importance of practice in developing and improving EQ skills.
This presentation offered those in attendance an opportunity to learn how coaching can be used as a practical application for skill enhancement in Emotional Intelligence in Medical Schools.
George Anderson, CAMF
Diplomate, American Association of Anger Management Providers