Success in providing Anger Management Coaching or Classes depends on following a carefully crafted formula.
The components of such a plan must include Certification in Anger Management Facilitation (CAMF) . This informs the public that you are certified to offer anger management and really are knowledgeable in training others to recognize and manage their own anger and stress while increasing skills in assertive communication and emotional intelligence.
Once you receive the widely recognized (CAMF) Certified Anger Management Facilitator designation, you need to purchase and use the required Anderson & Anderson client workbooks for adolescents or adults as well as CDs, DVDs, Posters and other ancillary training material. The Anderson and Anderson™ Curriculum is all figured out for you. It is accepted in all 50 US states. So it is important to use the branded curriculum and training material.
Your Certified Anger Management Facilitators Certification Training will include understanding, experiencing and the use of the internationally recognized Bar On EQi Emotional Intelligence Assessment. This is the most researched EQ assessment currently in existence. This assessment includes all of the emotional intelligence skill scales associated with anger management/impulse control.
This will give each professional more than a cursory understanding of this important instrument.
The Bar On EQi 2.0 Assessment includes five composite scales with 15 subscales. These Composite scales include the following Composite Scales:
- Decision Making
- Stress Management
To receive a stable income from either a Full-Time or Part-Time Anger Management Business, follow this formula:
- Create a simple, functional website that includes a blog or newsletter.
- Create a business card, letterhead stationery and note cards that match your website in color, text type, and motif.
- Dedicate a phone just for this business with professional recording
- Find the best location to conduct classes, sessions and workshops
- Join and use Linked-In for as many groups as feasible (50)
- Join and maximize friends on Face book.
- Join and use Twitter.
- Join and participate in the Anger Management Forum on http://www.topix.net.
- Learn how to use free Press Releases
- Join and participate in the American Association of Anger Management Providers.
- Join and take advantage of the opportunity to market your anger management practice in the Anger Management Resource Directory.
- Make a commitment to learn all the Anderson and Anderson™ material.
- Keep up with current Anger, Stress, Emotional Intelligence, Communication development, books, and articles.
- Research other Anger Management businesses in other cities and states using Google/Bing/Facebook that come up on page one. Only copy ideas not rip off their copy. See what is working for them. I found what works for me may not work for you.
- Experiment with your offerings and rates
- Offer what clients need/want not what is convenient for you.
In establishing your practice, select your location carefully. If you want higher end clients locate in the influential higher income neighborhoods/zip codes. If you want to serve more court ordered participants then locate near a bus or rail station and keep your prices lower. Locate your business that is accessible to your clients not necessarily just for yourself. Easy directions are the best.
For Full-Time Practice rent the best facility you can afford. Check out Executive Suites where you have a 10×10, 10×14 office with shared receptionist and conference room and break room. This is ideal. Also check out Churches that rent out their meeting rooms. Most sign a one year lease. You can always move to a better location next year.
For Part-Time Practice the Church meeting rooms or Hotel Conference Rooms work well.
If you want to focus your business on Organizational Anger Management directed toward Company HR Departments then locate in the Office Parks that hold prestige. These often have Executive Suites within the Office Park.
Drop in and view a well functioning Anger Management Practice.
Rev. Richard Taylor established Atlanta Anger Management at the crossroads of commerce on the upper north side of downtownAtlantaas it provides a premier location from all directions fromAtlanta’s 6.7 million metroplex. Grade A corporate building, free deck parking, 24/7 security onsite, Regis HQ Executive Suite.
Atlanta Anger Management has developed the Anderson And Anderson™ brand in Atlanta and receives participants from many other surrounding states. He has taken Mr. George Anderson’s advice and strives to offer the best of the best synonymous with the Anderson And Anderson™ brand. He is very particular to mention this with each client and at all classes/sessions. You build value with brand.
Richard has found it invaluable to be associated with Mr. George Anderson and be a Certified Anger Management Facilitator. It was worth the money, time and travel investment. The payback has been consistent offering a full time income.
Remember that by being successful at your practice/business you gain full time income and help the most people overcome their anger issues helping them have more productive interpersonal relationships at home, at work and in the public. Make money and help make the world a better place. Win-Win.
For more information:
Director Rev. Richard Taylor BS, CAMF
Certified Anger Management Facilitator
Atlanta Anger Management
5555 Glenridge Connector
Suite 200 (2nd Floor)
Atlanta, Georgia 30342 USA
CURRENT CERTIFIED ANGER MANAGEMENT FACILITATOR CERTIFICATION TRAININGS ARE OFFERED THROUGHOUT THE US AND PUERTO RICO and CANADA.