The only way to make a lot of money in Private Psychotherapy Practice is to make money while you are asleep. This means that it is essential to have multiple streams of income independent of your active involvement.
Since I have had a remarkable private practice for forty years, I would like to share some of things that have worked for me:
- Specialization in a needed intervention. For me, Child Psychotherapy gave me my start and Emotional Intelligence/Anger Management is my current specialization.
- Seek additional training in your specialty. (Harvard University in Child Psychotherapy served me well)
- Have a professionally designed website with a blog established for your practice.
- Master Social Networking, blogging, presenting, writing articles as well as making TV. and radio appearances.
- You must become active on Linked in, Facebook and other social networking sites.
- Write books, blogs and articles about your specialty.
- Market your books on your website as well as through your own and the Affiliate Programs of others. This brings in money while you are asleep. (Anderson & Anderson) earns in excess of $100,000 per year from the sell of books and DVDs alone.
- Self-publish your books, posters, DVDs, CDs and other material associated with your specialty. (Our books are printed in China for $1.50 and sell for $28 to $250 each)
- Train and certify others in your specialty. (We train providers all over the U.S. as well as other English Speaking countries in the Anderson & Anderson Anger Management Facilitator Certification)
- The Anderson & Anderson Anger Management Training is three days at a cost of $1500 per person. If ten persons attend one training, that equals $15,000.00.
- Provide your services in other languages. (Our curriculum is published in Spanish, English, Chinese and French)
- If you would like to receive high fees for your work, locate your office in an affluent area. (We are in the Brentwood section of Los Angeles)
- Work with a high income demographic. (We provide Coaching for Physicians and Attorneys)
- Provide a service that is needed or wanted. (We provide anger management that is often mandated by Human Resource Managers, Hospital Administrators and Courts)
- Emotional Intelligence Coaching and Anger Management can add additional streams of income for Managed Care Practices.
- Always charge more that everyone else. Inexpensive is really cheap and gains you nothing.
- Whenever you need or want a raise, increase you fees or the price of your products.
Click here for a summary of my practice success: http://www.helpstartshere.org/press-room/african-americans-in-social-work-qa-with-anger-management-specialist-and-millionaire-entrepreneur-george-anderson-msw.html.